- One of the largest continually updated databases
- State of the art database, allowing the quick matching of available doctors to jobs
- Receive SMS text alerts with the latest availability on jobs
- Out of hours service available 24 hours – 365 days per year
- Current National Framework holder
- Fully trained team, all with a minimum of 6 years in medical (doctors) recruitment
- Registered body for Enhanced DBS checks
- Committed to supporting the principle of Clinical Governance
- Committed to Continued Professional Development
Kcare Medical Locum prides itself on having a highly experienced and friendly recruitment team to assist you in finding the most suitable locum work. Our philosophy of excellence in customer service means you are assured that your requests are always meet.
Revalidation – Doctors
The process of revalidation for all Doctors registered with the GMC and who hold a UK license to practise became a statutory requirement in December 2012. Appraisal should be undertaken annually with a trained appraiser with revalidation during year 5.
Kcare Medical Locum Ltd is a Designated Body working in partnership with Healthcare Licensing Support Ltd to provide Doctors with their annual appraisal and revalidation.
Revalidation aims to give patients greater confidence that you are up to date in the area of medicine in which you practise. It will also support you in maintaining and developing your practice throughout your career in medicine, by ensuring that you have the opportunity to regularly reflect on how you can change and improve your practice.
Kcare Medical Locum is here to help you with all your Revalidation needs. We offer support and guidance, if you require further information regarding Revalidation and Appraisal, do not hesitate to contact Kcare Medical Locum Revalidation and Appraisal team on: 01189 569922.
Find more information on supporting information: here.
What is revalidation?
Revalidation is a 5-year cycle and the end result of the appraisal process. The Responsible Officer of your Designated Body (Kcare Medical Locum Ltd) will make a judgement on your fitness to practice based on your previous appraisal outcomes and progression against your PDP. The end result is either a positive revalidation, a deferral or non-engagement. All Doctors are expected to participate in the annual appraisal process and provide evidence of such (by way of appraisal outcome) to their Responsible Officer.
What is an appraisal?
The appraisal is a process whereby a 1-1 meeting (face to face or via Skype) is held with a trained appraiser. The appraisal process is confidential and constitutes a discussion with reflection on your previous 12 months practise, the opportunity to review the supporting evidence presented and the opportunity to discuss and agree a personal development plan (PDP) for the forthcoming 12 months. As a Doctor, through this process, you must provide supporting evidence and reflection that demonstrates you are meeting the domains of Good Medical Practice.
What is a designated body?
A designated body is an agency responsible for providing you with a Responsible Officer and access to appraisal services. Kcare Medical Locum Ltd work closely with Healthcare Licensing Support Ltd who have a professional team on hand for advice and support including 26 trained Consultant appraisers in order to provide this resource to their Doctors who have a prescribed connection
What is a Prescribed Connection?
You will have a prescribed connection to an agency (Designated Body) that you do the majority of your work for.
- No need to submit an annual return to the GMC (any Doctor without a prescribed connection to a designated body will be required to submit an annual return to the GMC) at a cost of £250)
- Access to a Responsible Officer to support you through revalidation
- Kudos of working for a Designated Body
- No requirement to undertake an assessment at a cost of £1,100 (Assessment is a requirement for any Doctor who does not have a prescribed connection to a Designated Body)